Help us foster this community. Post only your own photos and always follow the law. Respect everyone on Candide, don’t spam people or post nudity.
Candide is a reflection of our diverse community of cultures, ages, and beliefs. We’ve spent a lot of time thinking about the different points of view that create a safe and open environment for everyone.
We created the Community Guidelines so we foster and protect this amazing community. Overstepping these boundaries may result in deleted content, disabled accounts, or other restrictions.
- Share only photos and videos that you’ve taken or have the right to share. As always, you own the content you post on Candide. Remember to post authentic content, and don’t post anything you’ve copied or collected from the Internet that you don’t have the right to post.
- Post photos and videos that are appropriate for a diverse audience. We know that there are times when people might want to share nude images that are artistic or creative in nature, but for a variety of reasons, we don’t allow nudity on Candide. This includes photos, videos, and some digitally-created content that show sexual intercourse, genitals, and close-ups of fully-nude buttocks. It also includes some photos of female nipples, Nudity in photos of paintings and sculptures is OK.
- People like to share photos or videos of their children. For safety reasons, there are times when we may remove images that show nude or partially-nude children. Even when this content is shared with good intentions, it could be used by others in unanticipated ways.
- Foster meaningful and genuine interactions. Help us stay spam-free by not posting repetitive comments or content, or repeatedly contacting people for commercial purposes without their consent.
- Follow the law. Candide is not a place to support or praise terrorism, organized crime, or hate groups. Offering sexual services, buying or selling firearms and illegal, recreational or prescription drugs (even if it’s legal in your region as content can be viewed by users in other regions) is also not allowed. Candide also prohibits the sale of live animals between private individuals. No one may coordinate poaching or selling of endangered species or their parts.
- Respect other members of the community. We want to foster a positive, diverse community. We remove content that contains credible threats or hate speech, content that targets private individuals to degrade or shame them, personal information meant to blackmail or harass someone, and repeated unwanted messages or any rude or abusive behaviour. It's never OK to encourage violence or attack anyone based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disabilities, or diseases. Harassment also includes repeatedly contacting one or multiple people with unwanted or unsolicited messages of a romantic or sexual nature.
- Serious threats of harm to public and personal safety aren't allowed. This includes specific threats of physical harm as well as threats of theft, vandalism, and other financial harm. We carefully review reports of threats and consider many things when determining whether a threat is credible.
Helping to keep the Candide community warm, friendly and strong:
- Every member of the Candide community plays an important part in it. We may remove entire posts if either the imagery or associated captions violate our guidelines.
- Every member of our community has the right to not be harassed or approached for unwanted sexual or romantic advances.
- You may find content that you don’t like but doesn’t violate the Candide Community Guidelines. If that happens, you can unfollow the person who posted it. If there's something you don't like in a comment on one of your posts, you can report the comment and a member or the Candide team will review. We can't currently delete comments.
- Growing and looking after plants can have many different methods and opinions so if minor disputes and misunderstandings occur we encourage them to be resolved directly between members of the community.