If you've been selected to join our beta programme, you'll be among the first to gain access to a "Buy Now" button on your Candide Marketplace listings.
How to set up your payment button
For now, we'll need all beta testers to sign into their Paypal for Business account and follow a few steps, in order for us to complete your set up successfully. Don't worry, it will only take a few minutes of your time.
Here's a video to guide you through the set up:
Once you have your Client ID, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, if you prefer written instructions, please read our guide below.
1. Head to https://developer.paypal.com/home/
2. Login to your Paypal account. Please ensure you have a Paypal for Business account, otherwise you will not be able to complete the set up successfully.
Once you're logged in, you should see a screen like this:
3. Click the "Live" tab and then click the "Create app" button.
4. Give your app a name (for example: Candide Marketplace). This will allow you to see where the transactions are coming from.
5. Click the "Create app" button.
6. You should see a screen like below with your app details. Copy the Client ID and send it to email@example.com. DO NOT send the secret to anyone.
That's it! We'll do the rest and let you know when your shop buttons are live.
If you have any problems with sending your client ID to complete set up, please email us with more details so we can help guide you through it.
Conditions of our beta programme
There are a few guidelines that we require sellers to follow when taking part in our beta programme. Sellers on our beta programme:
1. must offer UK wide delivery.
2. cannot include external links leading to other sites in their Marketplace listings.
3. must adhere to our listing guidelines which can be found here.
If you have any questions about our conditions or guidelines, please just drop us an email, we're happy to help!