1. Use your shop QR code on any printed materials 🧾
Try adding your Candide QR code to printed materials, such as packing slips, promotional materials, or pot labels, to easily connect your offline print to your Candide shop online.
With a quick scan on a mobile, customers can easily find all of your other items available on your Candide shop, so you can just keep selling more!
2. Create bundles to increase your order values 🌷
It can be overwhelming for novice gardeners to buy the right plants, for the right area of the garden, in the right season. If you're a plant seller, use your expert knowledge to help them out and offer pre-selected bundles.
Here's some examples of the type of bundles that buyers will love:
- Bundles for different growing conditions: "Plants for shady spots" or "The air-purifying collection", for example.
- Bundles based on seasons: "The spring bulb collection".
- Bundles for different colour palettes: pink, blue, purple and white tend to be popular choices.
Not only will buyers be relieved, but it simplifies your orders, reduces postage and packaging costs, and increases the value of your sales. Bring on the bundles!
3. Share your listings on your social media 👍
If you've got social media account already set up, don't forget to use them to your advantage! You can share your listings directly from your Candide app, by going to "My Listings". Tap the share icon in the top right corner, and choose the right sharing option for you, such as Facebook, Instagram or WhatsApp.
You can also choose "Post to the community" to share your listing directly in the Candide app. We'd always recommend doing this when you first post your listings to give them the best start on the Marketplace.
4. Tag us on social - we can help promote you too! 📱
We love to see what you're up to on social media. Whether you're posting the latest stock, a giveaway or a sale you're running on Candide Marketplace, don't forget to tag us using our social handles below, so we're linked to your posts.
5. Add Candide to your Link.tree to promote more than one platform 🔗
In case you've never heard of it, Linktree is a social sharing platform that provides you with just one link to promote all your social and selling platforms in one place.
Gone are the days when you have to choose just one link to promote in your social media bio! Linktree allows you to add your website URL, your Candide shop link, as well as other social and selling platforms, all in one place. Find out more about how it works on their website.
6. Use keywords in listings to make sure you come up in search results 🔍
Key... what? Don't worry, there's no need to be a marketing guru to optimise your listings for keywords and get found in more searches on the Marketplace. You simply need to put your thinking cap on and ask yourself:
"What other terms could people use to search for [insert your item here]?"
For example, an item you may refer to as a plant stake may be more commonly known by others as a plant marker, metal stake, or plant support. It's a good idea to try and use different terms throughout your content to make sure your listing gets found for searches, regardless of which term someone chooses.
You can also just add a sentence to your listings with "Commonly known as:" to easily list multiple names, like this one below (see highlighted pink):
7. Test out different listing content and see what works best 🧪
You can trial different versions of your listings, and see what makes the biggest impact. Here's a few suggestions of what to test out:
- Change the first image shown on your listings, or take a new set of photos entirely to see if this increases sales. Buyers like clear, bright photos, so if yours aren't quite up to scratch, it's worth retaking them.
- Try including delivery fees within your listings price, and update your title to say "Free delivery". We know buyers can be put off by delivery costs, so you can make them feel more at ease, while keeping your profit the same.
- Change the length of your description. If you have less than a couple of sentences, add some more details to make the buyer feel more confident in their decision to buy from you. Equally, lengthly descriptions can be overwhelming, so try shortening it to the "need-to-knows" and see if this helps.
8. Promote your Candide listings through ad platforms 👀
Did you know that less than 10% of your Facebook posts get shown organically to your own Facebook page followers? Sounds crazy, but Facebook now requires you to pay to advertise or "boost" your posts to show posts to the additional 90% of followers.
If you already use Facebook and Instagram to share your listings, you can easily boost them and start to see some really great results. You can spend as much as you wanted on this, and increase your audience to go beyond your loyal followers, using detailed targeting features. Try targeting past website visitors, people with certain interests, and even target followers of your competitors pages (yep, it's sneaky).
9. Take advantage of our free marketing support 💬
Need some help promoting your Candide listings, or tips on your social media? We can help get you started! Get in touch with more details and a member of the marketing support team will get back to you soon!
10. Join our payments beta programme 🤑
Gain first access to Candide Payments by joining our beta programme - our beta sellers have increased their sales by 6x, since gaining their payment buttons.
Being a beta tester comes with some really great benefits too, including: paid advertising on external ad networks such as Facebook and Instagram (at no cost to you), 0% platform fees from Candide for the duration of our beta mode, auto-decrementing quantities so you can keep up with stock levels, and much more.
If you need technical support to get this set up, just let us know!